Friday, December 31, 2010

NYE Cuban Sandwiches



Dan & I have a tradition (for three years now) to make and enjoy Cuban Sandwiches on New Year's Eve. For the past two years, that's been about the extent of our NYE excitement. In fact, I don't think we've stayed awake until midnight for more years than that.

All that changed (except the sandwiches) this year, thanks to our friend & neighbor Mark organizing a NYE progressive party through the 'hood. We started at 7:30 at our place for Mai Passion punch and mini Cuban sandwiches in the tiki bar, then made our way to 4 other houses enjoying cocktails, food, and conversation. It was a ton of fun, except this lightweight wasn't prepared for 5 houses worth of cocktails. Even with some mini Cubans, a couple of Stephanie's delicious homemade egg rolls, nibbley things from Willa's, and at least one blue cheese popover courtesy of Mark in my belly, the rum/vodka/rum/vodka/champagne drinkin' proved too much for me. We did make itmade it past midnight and safely home, but I spent the night paying dearly for my indulgences.

No comments: