Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Boss Brought Cookies



Today was my first official day as someone's boss. Forty-five days ago I hired someone, and it's been a long wait - but today he joined my team (which consists of him and me). I couldn't resist taking advantage of the opportunity to do a little baking - bringing in some blackberry muffins and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I figured food was a way to give people an excuse to introduce themselves, so I set up the goodies outside his cubicle and invited everyone to come by.



Coincidentally, today was also the day that our EA brought in treats to celebrate May birthdays and anniversaries - in the form of Babycakes from Cupcake Royale. I'm normally a bit of a Cupcake Royale hater (preferring Trophy Cupcakes by a wide margin), but the Babycakes diminutive size seem to prevent the dryness that have plagued the full size cupcakes I've tried from their shop.



Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375°. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy. Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips. Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes

Recipe courtesy of SouthernFood.About.com

No comments: