Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome Lunch @ Laadla



To welcome my new employee to our team, I planned a lunch for me, him and a few of our coworkers. Based on his favorite cuisines, I picked the closest Indian restaurant to our office building: Laadla Cuisine of India.



What I failed to realize is that the restaurant is a buffet, and has some of the worst reviews I've ever seen on Yelp. On top of that, almost none of the folks I invited were able to come. Not exactly the nice welcome lunch I'd hoped to give. And given that none of the Indian employees I invited came, maybe I should have picked another spot.

That said, Laadla turned out to have a well stocked spread of decent vegetarian and meat dishes, the buffet meant we could get in and out quickly (the few folks who came had meetings to run to after), and we avoided what most of the Yelp reviews criticized heavily: the service.

Hopefully I can make it up to everyone soon with some treats or another lunch somewhere with a little more elegance.



Laadla Cuisine of India on Urbanspoon

No comments: